Thursday 1 April 2010

2010 - a fresh beginning.


2010. The year I break free of the confined headspace I’ve been living in for years, and start to live a little.
Last December, it hit me that I say ‘Yes’ a lot to other people, and tell myself ‘No’, because there’s no time left. Or there’s no energy left. 2010 is the year I promised myself I’d break free of these chains and live for myself. Sounds a little selfish, I know, but a happy Jen is a better friend, a better wife and an all round better person.
This year I want to make a huge effort to make new friends, unleash some pent-up creativity, and really work towards getting out of my dull job and doing some things that I love.
I pledge to myself that I will:
Knit more often and lovelier things than booties
Complete 50% of my photography course
Learn to crochet
Actually finish a beading project (or two)
Make some new friends
Be musical
And most importantly Smile more than I frown.
This Blog is just a little tool to make sure I follow my own rules.

The last few years have been a struggle, family, friends, all the rules changing.  I'm just coming to terms with the new rules now, and I'll say more about that as time goes on.